is it possible to set namespace to an object.

glomde brkict at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:52:16 EST 2008

On 21 Jan, 20:16, George Sakkis <george.sak... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 21, 1:56 pm, glomde <brk... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 21 Jan, 18:59, Wildemar Wildenburger
>
> > <lasses_w... at klapptsowieso.net> wrote:

> > > Don't know, sorry. But let me ask you this: Why do you want to do this?
> > > Maybe there is another way to solve the problem that you want to solve.
>
> > The reason is that I do not want to repeat myself. It is to set up XML
> > type like
> > trees and I would like to be able to do something like.
>
> > with ElemA():
> >   Name = "Top"
> >   Description "Blahaha..."
> >   with ElemB():
> >     Name = "ChildA"
> >     Description "Blahaha..."
>
> > This would be the instead of.
> > with ElemA() as node:
> >   node.Name = "Top"
> >   node.Description "Blahaha..."
> >   with ElemB() as node:
> >     node.Name = "ChildA"
> >     node.Description "Blahaha..."
>
> > So to save typing and have something that I think looks nicer.
>
> ... and more confusing for anyone reading the code (including you
> after a few weeks/months). If you want to save a few keystrokes, you
> may use 'n' instead of 'node' or use an editor with easy auto
> completion.
>
> By the way, is there any particular reason for generating the XML
> programmatically like this ? Why not have a separate template and use
> one of the dozen template engines to populate it ?
>
> George

I am not using it for XML generation. It was only an example. But
the reason for using it programmatically is that you mix power
of python with templating. Using for loops and so on.
XIST(www.livinglogic.de) is
doing something similar. But I would like the namespace thing.

The above was only an example. And yes it might be confusing if you
read the code. But I still want to do it, the question is it possible?