bags? 2.5.x?

Dan Stromberg dstromberglists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:26:07 EST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:41:27 +0100, Wildemar Wildenburger wrote:

> Dan Stromberg wrote:
>> Is there a particular reason why bags didn't go into 2.5.x or 3000?
>>
>> I keep wanting something like them - especially bags with something
>> akin to set union, intersection and difference.
>>
> How about this recepie
> <URL:http://www.ubookcase.com/book/Oreilly/
Python.Cookbook.2nd.edition/0596007973/pythoncook2-chp-18-sect-8.html>?

> /W

I'd found this with google, but thank you for making sure I was aware of
it.

The author of the bag class said that he was planning to submit bags for
inclusion in 2.5 - is there a particular reason why they didn't go in?

I keep finding a need for bags.  In the past, I've done this sort of
thing with dictionaries, but it's much nicer to have a bag class, and of
course it's better to have it in the standard library than to slurp it
into this, that and the other project.