for loop without variable

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Jan 9 17:41:17 EST 2008

erik gartz wrote:

> Hi. I'd like to be able to write a loop such as:
> for i in range(10):
>     pass
> but without the i variable. The reason for this is I'm using pylint
> and it complains about the unused variable i.

if a computer tells you to do something stupid, it's often better to
find a way to tell the computer to shut up than to actually do some-
thing stupid.

(pylint's online documentation is remarkably unreadable, so I cannot
help you with the details, but surely there's a way to disable that
test, either globally, or for a specific region of code?).

</F>