Paramiko/SSH blues....

Tarun Kapoor tarun.kap at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:05:28 EST 2008

I am using paramiko to do an SFTP file transfer... I was able to connect
to the remote server using an SFTP client I have just to make sure
that username and password are working.. But when i try to connect
using this script it fails ....

    **hostname, username and password are declared.

    # now, connect and use paramiko Transport to negotiate SSH2 across
the connection
    sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
    sock.connect((hostname, port))

    t = paramiko.Transport(sock)
    event = threading.Event()
    t.start_client(event)

    event.wait(15)

    if not t.is_active():
        print 'SSH negotiation failed.'
        sys.exit(1)
    else:
        print "SSH negotiation sucessful"

    event.clear()

    t.auth_password(username=username, password=password,event=event)

    if not t.is_authenticated():
        print "not authenticated"
output:
SSH negotiation successful