storing setup.py (for py2exe) in other directory than main script directory

stefaan stefaan.himpe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 06:31:55 EST 2008

Hello list,

I have the following problem after upgrading to python 2.5 and py2exe
0.6.6
It seems that py2exe is using the location of the setup.py file as its
search path, instead of the current
working folder. (This used to be different with an older version of
py2exe)

Can I tell py2exe somehow to use the current working directory as
search path instead of the location of the setup.py file ? Also: is
this a feature or a bug ?

The reason I am asking is because I'd like to keep the build scripts
in a "win32specific" subfolder of my code folder,
and then run the following command in the code folder:
    python win32specific\setup.py py2exe

Alternative suggestions also welcome!

Best regards,
Stefaan.