windows service

Michael Chesterton chesty at chesterton.id.au
Mon Jan 7 19:42:47 EST 2008

I'm trying to get a program that uses M2Crypto ThreadingSSLServer to
run in windows as a service. I have a few problem, it doesn't listen
on its port and I don't know how to debug it.

I used the pipeservice example as a framework to get it running as a
service

         def SvcDoRun(self):
             # Write an event log record - in debug mode we will also
             # see this message printed.
             servicemanager.LogMsg(
                     servicemanager.EVENTLOG_INFORMATION_TYPE,
                     servicemanager.PYS_SERVICE_STARTED,
                     (self._svc_name_, '')
                     )

             daemonserver = do_daemon()
             while 1:
                 daemonserver.handle_request()

I think I need a way to break out of that while loop when a service
stop is sent, but not knowing what happening at that point I'm not
sure how. It's not even listening on its port.

daemonserver is

     daemonserver = SSL.ThreadingSSLServer((host_ip_addr, int
(host_port_num)), TestRequestHandler, ctx)

any help?

--
Michael Chesterton
http://chesterton.id.au/blog/