stdin, stdout, redmon

Konstantin Shaposhnikov k.shaposhnikov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:54:58 EST 2008

Hi,

This is Windows bug that is described here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=321788

This article also contains solution: you need to add registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
\Explorer
InheritConsoleHandles = 1 (REG_DWORD type)

Do not forget to launch new console (cmd.exe) after editing registry.

Alternatively you can use following command

  cat file | python script.py

instead of

  cat file | python script.py

Regards,