DBUS and exceptions

Frank Aune Frank.Aune at broadpark.no
Mon Jan 14 08:29:13 EST 2008

Hi,

Im using DBUS in my application to detect HW hotplugging and removal, which
works great except for one thing: The code executed when a hotplugging is
detected does not raise exceptions, even if my code contains errors. The
event will just stop silently at the point where the exception occurs, and no
message is printed or logged.

This makes it hard of course to detect errors I make in the signal handlers,
when exceptions aren't raised. There is no try-except-pass clause in my code
either which hides the exceptions.

I was thinking perhaps its DBUS default behaviour to never fail in its signal
handlers?

Thanks,
Frank