How a smart editor could make "Postfix type declarations PEP3117" in Python3000 more readable

aspineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:39:13 EST 2008

Hi

I read the PEP 3117 about the new "Postfix type declarations"  in
Python3000.
THIS PEP as been REJECTED ! But ...

The notation in the PEP is very ugly !  This make python code more
difficult to read!

Anyway when I switched to python (from C, C++, ..), I suffered a lot
of the
untyped python variables. And I think this is a good idea to include
typing in python.

Then I get this idea: The editor could hide the typing notation, just
displaying hint !
It could also auto-complete the type of any variable having already a
type in
the current function, and underline untyped variable or variable
having multiple type inside the function.

Just an idea !

Alain Spineux

Happy new year.