Wrap Tk widget using a class

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Thu Jan 10 17:06:27 EST 2008

I'm trying to wrap a subset of a Tcl/Tk widget set called tclmacbag (see
http://tclmacbag.autons.net/) for use in my Tkinter application, using a
"macnotebook" class.  I'm having some difficulty getting things
configured correctly.

Here is my class code:

from Tkinter import *

class Macnotebook:

       def __init__(self, master):

       	  self.master = master
       	  self.master.call('package', 'require', 'tclmacbag')

       def notebook(self):

       	  self.master.call('::tclmacbag::pnb', self)

       def add(self, child):
           self.master.call('::tclmacbag::pnb', 'add', child)

Here is an example of how I'm calling this in my code:

from Macnotebook import Macnotebook

         self.prefbook = Macnotebook.notebook(self.prefframe)
         self.prefbook.pack(fill=BOTH, expand=YES, side=TOP)

This returns the following error in my console:

Traceback (most recent call last):

     self.prefbook = Macnotebook.notebook(self.prefframe)
TypeError: unbound method notebook() must be called with Macnotebook
instance as first argument (got Frame instance instead)

Can anyone suggest how I might better structure the class so that this
works? I'm a bit of a newbie with OO, so any pointers are appreciated.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin