getting absolute path ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:22:52 EST 2008

hello,

I'm trying to convert the links in html pages to absolute links,
these pages can either be webpages or files on local harddisk (winXP).
Now I've struggling for a while, and this code works a lilttle:

      i = line.find ( 'href=' )
          if i < 0 :
              i = line.find ( ' src=' )
          if i >= 0 :
            ii = line.find ( '"', i+6 )
            file = line [ i+6 : ii ]
            #print urlparse.urljoin ( p, file )
            if file.find ( 'http:' ) < 0 :
                abspath = os.path.normpath ( os.path.join ( p, file ) )
                line = line.replace ( file, abspath )
            print line

but it only covers files on local disk and just 1 link per line,
so I guess it's a lot of trouble to catch all cases.
Isn't there a convenient function for (OS independent preferable) ?
Googled for it, but can't find it.

thanks,
Stef Mientki