Sine Wave Curve Fit Question

Iain Mackay no_one at here
Wed Jan 30 09:25:54 EST 2008

Python Folks

I'm a newbie to Python and am looking for a library / function that can help
me fit a 1D data vector to a sine  wave. I know the frequency of the wave,
so its really only phase and amplitude information  I need.

 I can't find anything in the most widely known libraries (they seem to be
strong on polynomial fitting, but not, apparently, on trig functions) and I
wondered if any one here had recommendations?

 Something that implemented IEEE 1057 , or similar, would be perfect.

TIA
Iain