a problem with py2exe

devnew at gmail.com devnew at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 11:53:30 EST 2008

I wrote an app that uses some Tix widgets and wanted to make an exe
using py2exe .i used the setup script as given in http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/TixSetup
and it copies the dlls into the dist directory created by py2exe.
But then the application works only if i create a directory named
'DLLs ' and copy the tix84.dll alone into that directory. it seems
silly to have tix84.dll in that dir and all other dlls in the dist
directory.can anyone advise me if i can run the app with all dlls in
one directory.
the  setup script i used is below

import glob,os,sys
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

def files(folder):
    for path in glob.glob(folder+'/*'):
        if os.path.isfile(path):
            yield path

data_files=[
    ('.', glob.glob(sys.prefix+'/DLLs/tix84.dll')),
    ('tcl/tix8.4', files(sys.prefix+'/tcl/tix8.4')),
    ('tcl/tix8.4/bitmaps',
    files(sys.prefix+'/tcl/tix8.4/bitmaps')),
    ('tcl/tix8.4/pref',
    files(sys.prefix+'/tcl/tix8.4/pref')),
    ]

setup(