Klik2 Project, Python apps on linux

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 01:49:08 EST 2008

Hi

We've been working on klik2, http://code.google.com/p/klikclient/, which
implements OSX like application files on linux (with applications working on
all distros), In which every user desktop application is 1 file

We've run into a bit of a problem with python apps,  so while we can run a
complicated application like openoffice.org on ubuntu, fedora and suse from
a single file we cant run any python applications such as

jokosher
gnome-specimen
angrydd
gausssum
pathological
quodlibet
webboard
istanbul
exaile
ccsm
bittornado
pessulus
labyrinth
wammu
accerciser

We'd like to fix this in a clean way with out resorting to nasty hacks
involving $PYTHON_PATH.

If any one has any suggestions please email me or drop by #klik on freenode

Issue http://code.google.com/p/klikclient/issues/detail?id=144

Cheers

Jason Taylor

--
"Why isn't my life like a situation comedy? Why don't I have a bunch of
friends with nothing better to do but drop by and instigate wacky