Navigating through python packages

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 06:29:07 EST 2008

Hello,

I work with Zope and Plone, hence I deal with lots of eggs and python
packages and modules. I'm always opening source files inside packages,
closing them, opening again, searching through them...

The main issue here is the level of directory nesting.. you need to write a
lot (in emacs) or click too much (in Eclispe) to open python source file.
Take the following dir structure for a particular package in my Plone
buildout
eggs/plone.app.portlets.portlets.1.0.5/plone/app/portlets/portlets/news ...
this is insane!

How do you guys deal with this issue so as to make life easier in this
aspect?

Thanks,

Marcelo.