Python Trajectory Module?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 19:08:08 EST 2008

squishywaffle at gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I was wondering if there was a python Module/Library out there that
> handles some trajectory/physics stuff like moving an object along a
> straight path in an X,Y 2D (or 3D) plane or calculating parabolic
> arcs. I'd really settle for just the moving of an object along a
> straight line.
>
> I know it's not terribly difficult to implement this on your own, but
> I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if someone else already did a good
> job of it the first time.
>
> Thanks!

Depends on how detailed / graphical you've in mind.
You might be interested in this:

http://oase.uci.kun.nl/~mientki/data_www/pylab_works/pw_animations_screenshots.html

I've put a scanned version of my written notes about the trajectory example.
No need for ODE in my very simple mind, because the functions describing
the solution are already known.

If you want to view the demos / animations,
be sure to view the demo at the bottom first,
because it explains the philosophy behind the program.
Only 1 major feature is not described in this demo (because when I made
the demo I had no solution for it, now I think I have)
and that is :
  an integrated help / instruction / assignment / fill-in forms /
judgement, specially for educational puposes.

The program is not yet released,
because I'm now cleaning it up and debugging it (by making demos ;-)
cheers,
Stef