Decorators and buffer flushing

Ethan Metsger emetsger at obj-sys.com
Fri Feb 29 10:29:53 EST 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:04:38 -0500, Ethan Metsger <emetsger at obj-sys.com>
wrote:

> I can reproduce the issue in the console.  I'm not convinced it's
> actually
> a bug, unless for some reason the interpreter is preventing a buffer
> flush.

Quick question.

Having eliminated some of the other variables in my code, I'm wondering if
the following might cause a problem flushing the stdout buffer:

    proc = Popen (['ant'] + self.args, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
    (out, err) = proc.communicate()

Is it possible that the Popen object has somehow mangled things?

For what it's worth, I'm also passing '-u' to the interpreter with no
effect.

Best,

Ethan (emetsger at obj-sys.com)
http://uppertank.net/ethanm/