Linux/Python Issues

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Feb 18 17:31:05 EST 2008

MartinRinehart at gmail.com schrieb:

> bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com wrote:
>> IOW: all this is assumed to be
>> common *n*x knowledge.
>
> Both GNOME and KDE put Windows to shame. An old Windows guy, like me,
> can just start using either one without needing 'common *n*x
> knowledge.' Too bad the *n*x community isn't more welcoming to
> outsiders. Linspire's CNR puts Windows DLs to shame, but Python2.5
> isn't there. Ugh.

I might destroying pink dreams of windows cozyness, but to my knowledge
*compiling* something under windows is at least as hard, if not harder,
than under linux.

As I said - I use ubuntu, and do issue an

apt-get install python2.5

and afterwards I end up with a python2.5 including Tkinter and whatnot.

You deliberately chose to do otherwise, goind the hard way - don't
expect to be your hands being hold.

Diez