Python seems to be ignoring my except clause...

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Tue Feb 19 14:47:10 EST 2008

On Feb 19, 6:14 am, "Adam W." <AWasile... at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I deleted my .pyc files and reran, same thing, but then I closed all
> open windows and reran it, and it recompiled the pyc and the code
> "worked".
> But now I know I have to keep deleting my
> pyc files or else I will run into trouble.

What editor are you using? It sounds like it doesn't set the timestamp
on the files you are editing properly. That is, every time you save
your file it should update the timestamp of the .py file so that
python can see that there is an older .pyc next to a newer .py.

But that is probably the least of your worries right now...