Double underscores -- ugly?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Feb 19 17:02:44 EST 2008

Marco Mariani <marco at sferacarta.com> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
>
> >> I realise that double underscores make the language conceptually
> >> cleaner in many ways (because fancy syntax and operator overloading
> >> are just handled by methods), but they don't *look* nice.
> >
> > That's a good thing, in that it draws attention to the names.
>
> Well, double underscore is awful when you have to read code with the
> wrong typeface, possibly printed.

The wrong typeface can make anything awful to read. This is unrelated
to double-underscores.

The solution, therefore, is also unrelated to double-underscores:
choose an appropriate typeface.

--
 \          “Courage is not the absence of fear, but the decision that |
  `\             something else is more important than fear.” —Ambrose |