Plotting 3d points

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 10 12:49:57 EST 2008

On Feb 10, 4:37 am, Rasmus Kjeldsen <kjeldsen.ras... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody know of a simple way to plot 3d points? Nothing fancy, just points.
> I've tried looking into Mayavi, but can't really find out how to get get
> 3 arrays (x,y,z) into a vtk file. I've also seen mlab mentioned, but how
> do I install that, and import it? I can't get the examples i've seen of
> mlab to make any sense (the importing the module part, that is!).
>
> Rasmus Kjedlsen

A while back, I recommended using slut in this post:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2007-August/455309.html.

slut has a pretty hefty footprint, but once you have plotted the
points, you can also interact with the plot using mouse gestures.  My
website has a little Wink demo of the interaction with a series of
points plotted on the surface of a sphere, plus a path connecting
them: http://www.geocities.com/ptmcg/python/sphere1.htm

-- Paul