Any experience with Python on a PDA ?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Wed Feb 27 19:54:00 EST 2008

Martin Blume wrote:
> - Mio A701
>     (Windows Mobile)
>
> Experience is very good (with the exception of Tkinter
> not running on the Zaurus), scripts can be moved to and
> from PC and PDA and run unchanged (except for speed and
> screen size issues).

Hmm, my experience running Python 2.5 on Cingular 8525 was not very
good. Launching Python itself took close to 10 seconds, and then you add
your application launch on top of that. I used Tkinter for UI, and
Tkinter often failed to load, requiring soft reset.

Once the app was running, though, the speed was ok.

--
  Heikki Toivonen