PyOpenGL

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Mon Feb 4 11:43:36 EST 2008

groups.diegopark at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I apologize if this question was already answered before but I was
> unable to find a proper solution to my problem. Anyways, I am trying
> to run shaderobjects.py on Windows (Python 2.5.1) by just double-
> clicking, and I got the following error:
>
> [...]
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/OpenGL/extensions.py", line 13,
> in hasGLExtension
> AVAILABLE_GL_EXTENSIONS[:] = glGetString( GL_EXTENSIONS ).split()
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
>
> _I think_ I have all requirements and packages properly installed.
>
> Any clues? Thanks in advance !

That *looks* like a problem with calling glGetString before you have a
valid context.  Normally that actually works on GLX platforms, but
apparently not in this case.  Try delaying your import until after you
have the context setup and see if that lets glGetString return a valid
pointer.

HTH,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher