Raising exception on STDIN read

Ian Clark iclark at mail.ewu.edu
Fri Feb 29 12:07:30 EST 2008

On 2008-02-28, Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> I hope it's more clear now. Python objects are only meaningful *inside* a
> Python program, but an *external* program can't use them directly.

Yes, sorry. This is what I was getting hung up on. My thinking was that
subprocess was orchestrating it such that any reads would be funneled
back into the Python object. Granted, that was my gut reaction to it.
Thinking (and playing) with it a bit more I now realize that that makes
no sense. Thank you for reminding me about the seperation of OS and
Python files.

Ian