Why os.path.isabs("/") on Windows returns True?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Feb 1 16:31:06 EST 2008

On 2008-02-01, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> Personally I'd say it was Jython that was wrong. Anything
> beginning with a slash has to be absolute - "/" and "\" are
> treated as equivalent in most parts of the Windows
> environment.

I guess it depends on your definition of "absolute".  In my
mind, it means that it always refers to the same location
regardless of the CWD.

That's not true for the paths starting with "/" on Windows.  If
CWD is "C:/foo/bar" then "/" refers to a different location
than it does if CWD is "D:/whatever".

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I have accepted
                                  at               Provolone into my life!