The big shots

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 16:45:01 EST 2008

On Feb 19, 7:52 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> En Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:19:29 -0200, <castiro... at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > But 'ext' is actually good.
>
> Even if it were, that alone doesn't mean it should be included in the
> stdlib.
>
> Start writting a recipe in the Python Cookbook:  http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/
> Upload the module to the Python Package Index:http://pypi.python.org/pypi
> Post a notice in the announcement list.
> Wait for user feedback. Listen. Improve it. Make it so good that everyone
> would love to have it always available. Commit yourself to maintain the
> module forever. Suggest inclusion in the stdlib.
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

I don't know what "everyone" "would love" to have "always available".
I'm baffled that anyone ever pretends to (know).

"No, but nobody likes it."
"What?"

If cl-py is not the right place for personal exchanges, then get
going.

I am seeking a rational, informed, constructive evaluation of the
merits and demerits of 'ext'.

It's also productive to characterize trends of things in the std.
lib., and I could even see that discussion arising from this one.
It's just up to us whether it's in the same thread or not.