What is the most simple, quicket, yet most powerful python Web-Framework?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Wed Feb 6 03:19:00 EST 2008

xkenneth a écrit :
> All,
>
>       I'm trying to build a simple web application, but i still need
> things like sessions and Ajax. I tried to create a Zope product, but I
> honestly can't think of anything more cryptic.

Indeed !-)

> I really don't enjoy
> learning all of the "magic code" and debugging an environment I have
> to study to know the slightest thing about.
>
>       I'm looking for simple, fast, and easy. I'm both a manager and a
> developer, so I don't have a lot of time to try things out and see
> what fits best. I need a solution i can implement well and with a
> great deal of speed.
>
>       My project is going to be rather simple, just some simple forms
> for setup/configuration, user management, I assume I'll need
> templates,

Then I'd recommand Django: clean, easy to get started with yet still
powerful, well documented, strong community. You'll also get some basic
user management and simple yet very usable and useful automatic admin
forms for free.

> I'd like to use Ajax or  a similar technology to display
> orthogonal and polar graphs that automatically update.

This is mostly orthogonal to the framework.

> For the DB
> backend I'm planning on using ZODB. ZODB is actually quite amazing,
> and after using it, I honestly can't think of a reason for using a SQL
> database.

Having working experience with both the ZODB and various SQL DBMS, I can
think of quite a lot of pretty good reasons to use a SQL database, and
quite a lot of good reasons to avoid the ZODB unless you pretty well
know what you're doing. Don't get me wrong: the ZODB is a pretty good
piece of software, and there are some use case for it. But since you're
talking about "orthogonal and polar graphs" - which to me implies lot of
small, atomic, highly structured data -, I don't think an OODB would fit
here.