Adding more warnings

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 20 04:08:53 EST 2008

Thomas Dybdahl Ahle <lobais at gmail.com> writes:

> I tend to make a lot of mistakes of misspelled variable names.

You would greatly benefit from using tools like 'pyflakes', 'pylint',
and a unit test suite for your code. They're very good for finding
such simple bugs in your code.

> Is it possible to make python warn me about those at "compile time"?

The names are resolved at run time, so the compiler has insufficient
information to say whether a name is used incorrectly.

--
 \            "Program testing can be a very effective way to show the |
  `\        presence of bugs, but is hopelessly inadequate for showing |