Python GUI toolkit

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 12:13:02 EST 2008

On 03/02/2008, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
> On 2008-02-03, Torsten Bronger <bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> > Hallöchen!
> >
> > default at defaulted.default writes:
> >
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> the only remaining are qt4 and wx, i would like to know if one of
> >> these or any other toolkit is capable of creating good-looking
> >> GUI's, like in other apps, for e.g, .net apps.
> >
> > I think both Qt4 and wx create good-looking GUIs, since Qt4 now
> > tries to use the widgets from the platform it's running on.
>
> Really? Qt uses GTK when running uder Gnome or XFCE??

I was under the impression that Qt4 tries to use native widgets when
it can. XFCE installs may be a problem, but Windows || Mac || KDE
should be covered. I say _should_ as I'm not certain. I'm only
dabbling in the little that I need for my own personal use. You'll
notice that I'm mostly a list lurker than poster, for this very
reason.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il