graphing/plotting with python and interface builder

Jacob Davis j.foster.davis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 13:37:57 EST 2008

Thanks for the reply.

I have wxPython installed and have used it.  with wx I have just been
using the wx.lib.plot module and the graphing is fine (although in
other posts I note some focus issues).

I have been looking at moving to using interface builder 3.0 and
building Cocoa apps because for a bigger project it might be faster
and better code.

I only want to make plots that show data... but I need to refresh the
plot at every step.  with wx.lib.plot, i just draw it again
(performance is not too big of an issue).  No user interaction is
needed.

I will check out Chaco.  Like I said, I know how to use wx.lib.plot,
so if there is a way that I can use the graphs created there that
would be great... although I suspect that wx.lib.plot requires a frame
as a parent, which I would not want to use since .nib files (from
interface builder) would handle the gui side with PyObjC (a language
which I don't know).

Thanks

Jake