Article of interest: Python pros/cons for the enterprise

Paul Rubin http
Fri Feb 22 00:53:17 EST 2008

George Sakkis <george.sakkis at gmail.com> writes:
> Could Boo or Cobra fit the bill ? If not, what's missing at a
> technical level (i.e. ignoring current maturity, community size,
> marketing, etc.) ?

I just spent a minute looking at these and both are interesting,
though Cobra looks .NET specific and I'd rather have something that
makes standalone native executables.  Also, I don't see support in
either of these languages for higher-order functions, iterators,
libraries with powerful static datatypes, etc.  Also, no mention of
concurrency.  But, as I said, I only looked for a minute.

There is something called Links that looks interesting for web
programming:

  http://groups.inf.ed.ac.uk/links/

I don't know if it's still being worked on.