python 3.0 memory leaking?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sun Feb 10 15:08:31 EST 2008

rupert.thurner wrote:
> does python-3.0 improve something to avoid writing memory leaking
> applications?

No, it doesn't. Python 3.0 and maybe 2.6 are going to have some small
improvements but the improvements aren't related to memory leaking. I'm
working on the matter for a while now. I've limited some free lists and
I've a patch that gives allocated memory back to the OS earlier.

Have you followed my advice and checked all places that deal with
frames, tracebacks, exception objects and __del__ methods?

Christian