Snackages [Re: is there enough information?]

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 28 19:41:23 EST 2008

En Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:06:56 -0200, Micah Cowan <micah at cowan.name>
escribi�:

> Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>>>     Speak not of Wendy's -- they moved into town in my college days...
>>> The "hot and juicy" was commonly taken to mean: patty dipped in pan
>>> drippings, then nuked in microwave... And any CompSci person could
>>> figure out that the "256 different ways" meant one had access to a tray
>>> of 8 condiments, and had any combination of on or off for each... 8
>>> condiments, let's see: ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickle, onion, lettuce,
>>> tomato, cheese?
>>
>> I went once to Wendy's, and couldn't finish my sandwich. It was
>> ho-rri-ble. It was not a surprise when they closed all their restaurants
>> in Argentina and leave the country, after being here for less than 4
>> years.
>
> You have _got_ to be kidding me. Where do you guys live? In California
> (at least, Silicon Valley and Sacramento area), Wendy's and In-N-Out are
> the only "fast food" chains that sell anything that taste like real
> hamburgers. Way, _way_ better than the cardboard stuff at McD's and
> BK. 	Though Carl's Jr's $6 burgers are okay. And Carl's has _terrific_
> ice cream shakes, whereas Wendy's has... "frosted dairy desserts". :p

Perhaps Wendy's tried to impose here the "Californian taste" on
hamburguers - bad move... For example, those pieces of dry and burnt meat
that Americans call "barbecue" have nothing to do with Argentinian
"asado", and nobody here would eat such "barbecue" if given a choice. On
the other hand, McDonalds and Burger King have been here for a long time
now, and it seems they learned how to please the local consumers (McD even
has some certified kosher stores).

> Great. Now I'm hungry.

Me too!

--