Querying a complex website

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 19 22:02:35 EST 2008

schweet1 wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am attempting to use python to submit a query to the following URL:
>
> https://ramps.uspto.gov/eram/patentMaintFees.do
>
> The page looks simple enough - it requires submitting a number into 2
> form boxes and then selecting from the pull down.
>
> However, my test scripts have been hung up, apparently due to the
> several buttons on the page having the same name.  Ideally, I would
> have the script use the "Get Bibligraphic Data" link.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> ~Jon

John J. Lee's mechanize library

   http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/

is invaluable for tasks like this. With the explanation you've already
had from 7stud you should be able to get something working. If not, post
again, this time showing actual code.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119