is there enough information?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Feb 27 04:50:48 EST 2008

En Wed, 27 Feb 2008 06:25:25 -0200, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> escribió:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:46:56 -0200, "Gabriel Genellina"
> <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:
>

>> It's like a McDonalds: three guys (the producers) are taking orders from
>> the customers, and place those orders in a queue; in the kitchen, two
>> guys
>> (the consumers) check the queue and prepare the requested sandwichs (it
>> doesn't matter which one gets which order). The finished sandwichs are
>> put
>> onto another queue (the kitchen guys are acting as producers now) and
>> another guy -he may or may not be one of the first three; he's acting
>> as a
>> consumer- takes the sandwich, puts it on a tray with other stuff and
>> delivers it to the customer.
>
> 	Has McDonald's changed that much... Last time I was in one, the
> kitchen staff just took trays of finished patties, stuck them on a bun
> with the stock ingredients, wrapped them, and put them on a
> first-in/first-out rack from which the register staff pulled them as
> needed...

I think they work that way at peak hours - but e.g. at 3AM they just
prepare what is requested.

> (I've not bought at a McD since I got sick off of one back in
> 1970 or so)

That happens from time to time, unfortunately, and not only with McD.
http://www.mcspotlight.org/media/press/mcds/reuters121001.html

> 	Now, Burger King... That's different -- they were always assembled
> based upon the most recent register order...

I like BK hamburguers... but I shouldn't eat them, as the doctor told me :(

> 	Speak not of Wendy's -- they moved into town in my college days...
> The "hot and juicy" was commonly taken to mean: patty dipped in pan
> drippings, then nuked in microwave... And any CompSci person could
> figure out that the "256 different ways" meant one had access to a tray
> of 8 condiments, and had any combination of on or off for each... 8
> condiments, let's see: ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickle, onion, lettuce,
> tomato, cheese?

I went once to Wendy's, and couldn't finish my sandwich. It was
ho-rri-ble. It was not a surprise when they closed all their restaurants
in Argentina and leave the country, after being here for less than 4 years.

--
Gabriel Genellina