Run wxPython app remotely under XWindows

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Feb 28 18:50:56 EST 2008

On 2008-02-28, Sean DiZazzo <half.italian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there something special you have to do to get a wxPython
> app to run remotely under xwindows?  My Tkinter apps always
> automatically work that way, so I was surprised to even be
> confronted with this problem.

AFAIK, running them remotely works for the sufficiently patient
(I don't actually know abody _that_ patient). The GTK widget
set is a horrible bandwidth hog and in my experience, GTK apps
are unusable over anything slower than a local 100BaseT
Ethernet link.

What sort of failure are you seeing?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Thousands of days of
                                  at               civilians... have produced