beginners help

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Feb 7 09:00:04 EST 2008

Guido van Brakel wrote:
> Hello
>
> I totally new to python and i'm doing a python course now. Maybe someone
> could help me a little bit here:
>
> I need to create this script.
>
> If i enter a center digit like 5 for example i need to create two
> vertical and horzitonal rows that looks like this. If i enter 6 it shows
> 6 six starts. How can i do this, because i don't have any clue.
>
> *****
> *   *
> *   *
> *   *
> *****

Welcome to c.l.py.

We have a tradition here of helping people with classwork by asking them
to make an attempt to solve their problem. Then we will point out what
is wrong with your effort and try and help you to improve it by
improving your understanding of Python.

We wouldn't be helping you very much if we just gave you an answer that
you had no understanding of, and it would be embarrassing if your
teacher asked you to explain it.

It doesn't matter how awful your code is, people here are generally kind
to those making an honest first attempt.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119