OT: Speed of light [was Re: Why not a Python compiler?]

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Feb 13 03:51:38 EST 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 13/02/2008, Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
>>  And the rest of us just use SI.  (And if you bring up the
>>  _kilogram-force_, I'll just cry.)
>
> Don't cry, I just want to say that I've hated the kilogram-force
> almost as much as I've hated the electron-volt. Who is the lazy who
> comes up with these things?

The electron-volt is a weird little miscreant that ended up becoming
popular.  The kilogram-force is a unit that could only demonstrate that
its inventors completely missed the freakin' point.

  San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM, Y!M erikmaxfrancis
   Sit loosely in the saddle of life.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson