How about adding rational fraction to Python?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue Feb 26 14:46:04 EST 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:16:20 -0500
"J. Cliff Dyer" <jcd at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> I agree that integer division is useful and important, but I don't think
> it's a travesty to support other kinds of division, especially when
> integer division still has its own operator.

I don't think that it is a travesty either.  I would also not be so
offended if the language treated it that way from the start although I
would still have had to get used to it having spent so much time in C
and assembler which has natural results.  The real problem here is that
it is an arbitrary, fundamental change to the way the language works.  I
would be almost as upset if the change was happening the other way.

Note, I use the word "natural" above.  Natural is an opinion and that
happens to be mine.  I am really having a hard time accepting that
"TRUTH (tm)" is determined by election.  See signature.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves