Turn off ZeroDivisionError?

Mark Dickinson dickinsm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 20:47:39 EST 2008

On Feb 16, 7:30 pm, Mark Dickinson <dicki... at gmail.com> wrote:
> The real line, considered as a topological space, has limit points.
> Two of them.

Ignore that. It was nonsense.  A better statement:  the completion (in
the sense of lattices) of the real numbers is (isomorphic to) the
doubly-extended real line.  It's in this sense that +infinity and -
infinity can be considered limits.

I've no clue where your (Steven's) idea that 'all ordinals are surreal
numbers' came from.  They're totally unrelated.

Sorry.  I haven't had any dinner.  I get tetchy when I haven't had any
dinner.

Usenet'ly yours,

Mark