How, python with Tk extensions enabled to import Tkinter

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Wed Feb 27 04:31:28 EST 2008

Murat Gunduz wrote:

> Dear list member,
>
> I am using a Linux machine (Fedora Core 7, 64 bit):
> Linux 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 #1 SMP Tue Jun 12 14:56:37 EDT 2007 x86_64

Fedora ships ready built Tk/Tcl and Tkinter RPM's so use the Package
Updater (search for tkinter) or command line 'yum install tkinter'

(I may have spelt the tkinter package name wrong so do search for it
first)

Fedora (like RedHat) has loads of Python related packages so worth
checking in the package manager - Search for python- you'll be
pleasantly surprised :)

Cheers,
Martin.

--
signature file not found, must be something I ate