Why chdir command doesn't work with client.get_transport() ?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Feb 6 10:04:19 EST 2008

Matthew_WARREN at bnpparibas.com wrote:

>> I try not to top-post in this group, but the strange formatting of the
>> message makes this advisable, as I am sure many people won't even
>> persist in reading down as far as the "content".
>>
>> Can I make a wild-assed guess that you are a Lotus Notes user reading
>> python-list? Please try and find a way of not barfing these awful
>> headers out with your post (perhaps you could use a newsgroup reader and
>> access the gmane servers?).
>>
>> It really does make it difficult to focus on what you say when there are
>> twenty-odd lines of badly-formatted heading information at the start of
>> each message.
>>
>> regards
>>   Steve
>
> What amuses me (honestly, it does make me chuckle) is people can put up
> with a bunch of text like that as a reply on the list (and including
> previous disclaimers, which I've been slapped-wrist on here for before
> now), yet complain about a bit of odd formatting at the top of a message
> with real content.
>
> However I do understand where your coming from. You are right, I'm a Lotus
> Notes user. If I didn't have to use it I wouldn't. If I had access to the
> list from where I currently work any other way I would use that. I am aware
> people dont enjoy spurious details like disclaimers and Note's headers in
> emails.
>
> I forgot to remove the Notes header at the top for that last post, I do
> apologise for any inconvenience. I did remove the previous disclaimers
> though, so you only got two that time. Ohwell, everyone makes mistakes :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt. (Apologies for the disclaimers etc...)

Yeah, well, some things we can't help. Like I can't help being a
crotchety old bastard sometimes. Sorry, and thanks for the explanation.

I realise there is no chance your mail admins will remove the useless
disclaimer, but could you ask them to put a "-- " line above it? That
way us folks with mailers that at least attempt standards-compliance
don't have to delete it from our replies (or, even worse, forget to, and
leave multiple copies in - yes, we do all make mistakes, and sadly I'm
no exception).

I did at least forbear from writing back pointing out I wasn't the
intended recipient, etc., etc. :-)

Anyway, glad you got a pointer to the solution from Dennis.

curmudgeon-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119