Logging to HTTP or File

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Wed Feb 27 10:00:32 EST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:16:33 -0000
"Robert Rawlins - Think Blue" <robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk>
wrote:
> How would you manage this? I'm thinking about building my own custom log
> handler for the task, which if unable to resolve the webservice will just
> log to the file instead, I'm just not sure if there is a better way of
> achieving this, what are your thoughts?

Personally I would write to a local file all the time and have a second
process that reads that file and updates the server.  That way you
don't have to worry about external resources in your main program.  As
a side effect, you automatically get a local backup.  If the server
goes down your secondary process deals with it, not your primary app
that is handling your user requests.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves