SOAP strategies

Paul Watson paul.hermeneutic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:59:33 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 10:59 -0600, Paul Watson wrote:
> What are the reasonable current day choices and best bets for the future
> when doing SOAP programming in Python?  SOAP batteries do not appear to
> be in the standard Python distribution.
>
> Most of the SOAP related information I have been able to find on the web
> is from 2001-2002.  I am not sure if some packages are still maintained.
> Most of this is old news.
>
> http://soapy.sourceforge.net/
> http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/ (SOAPpy)
>    and what is the relation of this to ZSI
>
> http://www.intertwingly.net/stories/2002/12/20/sbe.html
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-pyth5/
> http://www.opensourcetutorials.com/tutorials/Server-Side-Coding/Python/python-soap-libraries/page1.html
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/python/619251  This is
> current, but is this a long term strategy or a short term tactic?

Have I offended?  My apologies if I have.  I thought I showed that I had
done some homework and used Google and did the other things to show that
I was willing to put forth some effort.  Please tell me if I have missed
something.  If I should look somewhere besides Python for doing SOAP,
then please say that also.  Thanks.