fromfunc functions

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Wed Feb 13 12:28:36 EST 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:51:36 -0800, azrael wrote:

> I came across the fromfunc() function in numpy where you pass as an
> argument the name of a function as a string and also the atributes for
> the desired function.

If you mean `fromfunction()` then you don't give the name of the function
as string but the function itself as argument.  And what you call
attributes are arguments.

> I find this extremly usefull and sexy. Can someone point me how write
> a function of such capabilities

Functions are objects in Python, you can pass them around like any other
object/value.

In [18]: def f(func, arg):
   ....:     return func(arg)
   ....: