How about adding rational fraction to Python?

Ross Ridge rridge at caffeine.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 26 15:55:26 EST 2008

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net> wrote:
>I don't think that it is a travesty either.  I would also not be so
>offended if the language treated it that way from the start although I
>would still have had to get used to it having spent so much time in C
>and assembler which has natural results.  The real problem here is that
>it is an arbitrary, fundamental change to the way the language works.  I
>would be almost as upset if the change was happening the other way.

I feel pretty much the same way.  This change in behaviour is likely to be
the sole reason keeping me from switching to Python 3 for a long time.
If the slash (/) operator had always been defined as floating point
division then I would've gotten used to it.  Now however, there's no
compelling reason for me to try to adjust to this new behaviour.

					Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]  rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca