Python GUI toolkit

miller.paul.w at gmail.com miller.paul.w at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:01:41 EST 2008

On Feb 3, 10:39 am, defa... at defaulted.default wrote:

> also, is qt4 apps better looking in both win/linux than wx apps, coz the
> main thing i m looking for is visual appeal of the gui.

Well, well... this wasn't in your original post.  I had assumed ease
of programming and cross-platform-ness were the only requirements.  If
"looks good" is the main criterion, then I don't think Tkinter makes
the top of many peoples' lists.  It isn't that Tkinter can't be *made*
to look good, it's just that it takes quite a bit of work, and if
you're going to put that much effort into a GUI, you're probably
better off with qt, gtk, or wx.