wxpython file dialog

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 06:38:04 EST 2008

2008/2/10, Janwillem <jwevdijk at xs4all.nl>:
> Guilherme Polo wrote:
>  > 2008/2/9, Janwillem <jwevdijk at xs4all.nl>:
>
> >> Is there a way to force the wx.FileDialog to show as default the
>  >>  thumbnails vie in stead of list view?
>  >>  thanks, janwillem
>  >>
>  >> --
>  >>  http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list
>  >>
>  >

> > You should be using wx.lib.imagebrowser.ImageDialog instead of
>  > wx.FileDialog for that purpose.
>  >
>  >

> Thanks for the hint, very neat widget. However, it seems not to support
>  multiple selection. My application selects from a series of low light
>  photographs of the same subject the sharpest one (like BSS on Nikon
>  Coolpix). So I need multiple selection and thumbnails. It works with
>  wx.FileDialog style=FD_MULTIPLE but I have to select thumbnail view
>  every time.
>
> Janwillem
>  --

Unfortunately that is not possible with imagebrowser because it sets
the listbox for single selection in the code. A patch will fix this.
Now continuing on FileDialog.. I don't have the option to change to
thumbnail view here, I guess you are using Windows, so it is not
cross-platform. imagebrowser is cross-platform because it is all done
by wxPython.

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves