urllib supports javascript

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Feb 1 22:48:04 EST 2008

J. Peng wrote:
> hello,
>
> Which useragent lib supports javascript?
> I know something about these libs: urllib,urllib2,cookielib,httplib
> But I'm not sure which one of them can support javascript scripts.
> Thanks!

None of them do. Javascript support is a very complex task! I believe
there have been efforts to harness the spidermonkey code base [1] but
they date back to Python 2.3.

It may be that the IronPython environment has more to offer, especially
now that DLR support is specifically intended to promote interaction and
information exchange between code in different languages, but that is
oure speculation on my part.

regards
  Steve

[1]: http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/python-spidermonkey/
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119