How about adding rational fraction to Python?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue Feb 26 10:17:08 EST 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 06:59:44 -0800 (PST)
Lie <Lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem lies on which maths is the real maths? In real world, 3/4
> is 0.75 is 0.75 and that's an unchangeable fact, so programming

Which real world is that?  In my real world 3/4 is 0 with a remainder
of 3.  What happens to that 3 depends on the context.  When I worked
with a youth soccer group I was pretty sure that I would be disciplined
if I carved up a seven year old player so that I could put 0.75 of a
child on a team.

Anyway, I'm sure that all these arguments have been made and it is
pointless to argue about it now.  It sounds like the decision has been
made.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves